Saturday 16 May 2015

Remix Review

As you may be aware, I am a massive fan of Trouble by Non Pratt,and I, like many others was extremely excited when I heard about Remix coming out in June. I couldn't wait to get my hands on a proof copy as I loved Trouble so much and the idea of Remix sounded amazing!


The lovely Non Pratt herself sent me a copy of Remix  to review around a week ago now, which I was so happy about! I've just finished reading it so I thought I had to share my feelings and thoughts on the book with you all.

"Kaz is still reeling from being dumped by the love of her life...Ruby is bored of hearing about it. Time to change the record.
Three days. Two best mates. One music festival.
Zero chance of everything working out"

From the blurb alone, this book sounds amazing! It did not fail to disappoint me.
One of the things I like about the book is that you always get to hear Kaz's POV and Ruby's POV, I felt like it really made sense this book being in duel perspective and I don't think it would of worked out right if it was just one of them telling the story as they go through different events and feelings in the book, and they also spend a lot of time apart whilst there, so it's nice to hear it from both sides.

Non doesn't linger around  before the story starts I believe, this may sound like a odd expression, but it wasn't long before they arrived at the music festival, the story started straight away and I really liked that.

Ruby and Kaz are so different in personality, however they are both funny, and kind, I found them both really likeable and wanted things to work out for both of them.

The description of the festival really helps the story play out in your head. From the camping tents, to the music tents, to even the toilets, everything is described so accurately and with attention to detail, and for me personally, this makes it so much easier to get involved in the story because you imagine yourself there at the festival.

Non always manages to portray teenage relationships fantastically I think. With Ruby and Kaz, she showed that even best friend's can and will fall out from time to time, it's just how you deal with it that matters, and how  Ruby tried to cope when it felt like someone was taking her best friend and there felt like there was nothing she could do to stop it happening so for most of the time she just removed herself from the situation. I remember something that Gayle Forman said at an event I was at in March, friendship break up's hurt just as much as relationship break up's,you still feel pain from them. It was clear how much Kaz and Ruby really loved each other and how much they depended on each other a lot so it was difficult for the both of them to have fun at the festival without the other by their side all the time.

I really liked the characters that Non created, they felt real and honest. I loved Ruby's relationship with her brother Lee, they'd always be there for each other and try their best to help each other out when things were going wrong. 

One of my favourite characters was probably Stu (!!). There was just something about him that I really liked, because as a reader I could tell how much he loved Ruby and he still wasn't over her, even though she couldn't stand him half the time. Towards the end of the book he is so sincere and kind I couldn't help but swoon over him!

I've tried to keep this review as spoiler free as possible, but I'd really recommend this book to everyone. It captures you in with the very first chapter, and then you are hooked all the way through. The characters are fantastic,Non's writing style is great and the story just flows really well. There are some chapters/people that will shock you! ( I really wasn't expecting "him" to be like that-or that to happen between Ruby and "him"(spoiler free!!!) some people may of called it, but I really didn't.

I definitely will be purchasing the final copy as it looks lovely! 

Happy Reading!!

Remix is out in the UK on the 4th June 2015 and is being published by Walker Books.




2 comments:

  1. Very interesting discussion glad that I came across such informative post. Keep up the good work friend. Glad to be part of your net community
    Tài liệu marketing online | Thị trường bất động sản | Thẻ noindex là gì | Tối ưu sitemap web

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is very informative. Thanks for sharing such unique content. Please keep it up.

    Osimisoft cung cấp dịch vụ outsource GameFi | Phát triển game Play 2 Earn | Phát triển game Move 2 Earn | Phát triển game Metaverse.

    ReplyDelete