Sunday 26 April 2015

THE JEWEL REVIEW

AUTHOR:Amy Ewing
RRP:£7.99
One fatal blood test and Violet's future was determined forever. Being a surrogate mother comes at a price, and a price that Violet has no choice but to pay.


Brought up in the Marsh, Violet is a country girl with a stubborn flair and the most unusual eye color. Living in the South gate foundling house, she meets Raven, with her quick remarks and a tendency to disobey, Raven and Violet become dear friends over their four years at the founding house, but that friendship cant last forever. Each surrogate must be sold, at the annual auction. Every girl must be sold,and Violet is no exception. 

Violet is sold to the House of the Lake, it comes with it's privileges and things that Violet has never experienced before become normal daily routine for her. However,the lady she is sold to is somewhat strange and unpredictable. Her time in the castle as the surrogate is fairly pleasant and she becomes good friends with her Lady In Waiting Annabelle and a member of the preparation team, Lucien. Violet has her own tea parlor,drawing room and other luxuries. This does not change her desire to get out of the palace and away from being a surrogate mother.

Violet meets Ash, the handsome royal companion. Violet thinks he has it all,but he too is carrying a dream,to get out of the palace,and find a happier life for himself. If Violet mannages to find a way out,will she take this handsome stranger with her,or leave as she began,alone?

This book will certaintly leave every reader wanting more. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I believe it is one of the best books I have ever read. Everything is described in such detail and it is so different to any other book I have ever read. I lost myself in this book, once I started to read the first few pages I couldn't put it down.I got so involved in the book that I can imagine clearly in my head what each of the characters look like. It is in some chapters, quick a dark book as it can be quite sad however there must be a happy ending and everyone loves a happy ending. With Violet being a strong and determined character, I believe this  trilogy could be as popular as The Hunger Games and Divergent as they both have such strong female leads and I believe Violet has the same Characteristics as Katniss (Hunger Games) and Tris (Divergent). I really recommend this book to anyone who enjoys adventure, romance and believes that things can change for the better.. 

I was given The Jewel:The Lone City Trilogy as a proof back in the summer 2014,I fell in love with this book and the characters and I'm so excited for the second book to come out: The White Rose in October.
There will be a novella released in July called The House Of The Stone. This will focus on Raven and how she is treated in the palace of the stone.



1 comment:

  1. I've read this book and loved it, however I don't think that you can compare Violet with characters like Katniss and Tris. In later parts of the book she becomes quite wishy washy, and she never really stands up for herself. I also found Ash kinda creepy. Sorry if I offended you-I just don't have the same opinions.
    ~El

    ReplyDelete