Tuesday 16 June 2015

One-Sarah Crossan Book Review/thoughts and feelings

Final Cover


Hi everyone!
It's been a while since I posted.
 I've been really busy with revision so my blogging time has been limited. However,I finished reading One by Sarah Crossan yesterday so i'm back with a book review!

I was sent a copy of One from Bloomsbury for review and i'm so pleased I finally get to share my thoughts with you on this truly wonderful book.

This is more of my general thoughts on the book than a review as I don't want to spoil the plot for anyone,so I wanted to just express my feelings about the book.

One by Sarah Crossan

  • Hardcover: 448 pages
  • Publisher: Bloomsbury Childrens (27 Aug. 2015)
 What does it mean to want and have a soulmate?

Proof Cover
One is about two characters,Tippi and Grace,who are conjoined 
twins. We are told the story through Grace's eyes as they go through life changing decisions together and meet people who will change their lives forever.

Tippi and Grace have never had to go to school throughout their lives,until now. Their parents can't afford to home -school the both of them anymore so they've decided that they're going to have to face school whether they like it or not. Where they'll have to finally be around other people,they won't be able to hide away from peoples stares and questions,and will they even make any friends during 
their time at Hornbeacon High?

One will make you laugh,and make you cry. It is heart breaking,yet you can really feel the humor from certain characters in their personality. Whilst I do not want to spoil the ending,or any major events in the book (as I want everyone to read it) One is not predictable,it is a page turner and will leave you feeling speechless when you've finished reading.


I would recommend this book to everyone ( if you're prepared to have your heart ripped out!) 

Also,the WHOLE story is told in poem verse which I think makes the book so much easier,and quicker to read. It just flows so easily,and I really think Sarah's writing style is similar to E Lockhart's in We Were Liars. They are completely different books,but I love how simple,yet so strong.

I've never read anything by Sarah Crossan before,and in a way I'm really glad
that One is the first book I've ever read by Sarah. One is so beautifully written,
so pure and full of emotion that I couldn't help but fall in love with it from start to finish.

You can pre order the book here by clicking on the link.
Also go follow Sarah on Twitter here!

Lauren x


No comments:

Post a Comment